Mitsubishi Electric to Launch MELIPC Series Industrial-use Computers
Will contribute to the introduction of Internet of Things (IoT) for production equipment by integrating real-time control and information processing.
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (TOKYO: 6503) announced today that it will launch three MELIPC Series industrial-use computer models for factory automation (FA) control applications and edge computing sequentially from the end of June 2018. The flagship MI5000 combines real-time equipment control and information processing in one box, the midrange MI2000 is designed for wide-ranging system expansion, and the compact, low-cost MI1000 will enable companies to begin introducing IoT on their factory floors.
1) MI5000 for edge computing that integrates real-time equipment control and information processing
- High-speed collection, diagnosis and feedback of production floor data utilizing a single machine equipped with VxWorks®1 and Windows® operating system. Saves space and reduces costs of building IoT systems.
- CC-Link IE Field Network compatibility enables high-speed data exchange at speeds of up to 1ms for highly accurate real-time equipment control.
- Quality equivalent to that of Mitsubishi Electric MELSEC Series general-purpose programmable controllers is guaranteed. Compliance with IEC2/JIS standards ensures robustness and resilience required for use at production sites.
1 Real-time operating system for embedded systems developed and sold by Wind River Systems, Inc.
2 International organization that sets standards for electrical, electronics and related technologies
2) MI2000 for wide-ranging system expansions to optimize IoT use on production floors
- Contributes to improved product quality by performing data diagnostics and operations monitoring at production sites, using a built-in high-performance processor and Windows®operating system.
- Expands systems using PCI and PCI Express3 expansion ports. Performs high-speed collection of production data using CC-Link IE Field Network boards (optional), and advanced equipment control via input/output boards (optional).
3 Interface to connect computers and peripherals for system expansion
3) MI1000 for low-cost introduction of IoT at existing production facilities to enhance innovation
- Compact chassis with Windows® preinstalled for highly flexible production-floor installations.
- When installed as a gateway in existing facilities having no communication functions, enables data exchanges with host systems for the low-cost introduction of IoT