New ABB AFS contactors provide machine safety advances
ABB’s all-new range of AFS contactors for safety applications is now available to order. The launch of the new contactors completes the expansion of the company’s portfolio of safety components, making it possible to equip every aspect of a plant’s safety architecture with ABB technologies.
The new AFS contactors can be part of the safety chain in industrial machinery and process industry applications, stopping motors or triggering gas discharges. For machine safety applications, AFS contactors come with fixed front auxiliary contact blocks that make monitoring and controlling circuits easier. The mechanically linked and mirror contacts also help make systems safer.
- Up to 45kW - 400 V AC-3, 60hp - 480 V and 130A - 690 V AC-1, 115A - general use
- Fast opening times less than 30 ms for selected variants
- Mirror and mechanically linked contacts with third party certificate
- Low energy auxiliary contacts feature a minimum switching capacity 12 V, 3 mA 10-7
- Built-in surge suppression