IKEA introduces new Solar Battery Storage
Home furnishings expert IKEA has teamed up with leading solar firm Solarcentury to launch a new Solar Battery Storage solution to help homeowners make huge savings on their electricity bills, as well as increasing the rate at which they can reap the benefits from their solar investment.
Designed to work alongside existing Solar Panels or as part of a brand new combined home Solar Panel and Battery Storage system, the new offering will make it much easier for homeowners to save on their electricity bills by enabling them to use more of the electricity that is generated by their solar panels.
Solar Battery Storage allows users who have solar panels installed on their homes to store the electricity generated by the sun and use it whenever they like. An average solar home in the UK will typically consume around 40% of all the solar electricity generated, or even less if they are regularly out during the day. The remaining 60% of unused solar electricity is sent back to the National Grid, at a loss compared to its value. This means that homeowners currently lose out on making further cost savings.