GE introduces rugged, resilient power supply for industrial applications
Utilising its expertise in the power segment, GE’s Industrial Solutions has introduced its new power supplies specifically designed for general purpose industrial applications—its Resilient 3000. The 3,000-watt (W) power supplies are engineered to provide the high reliability and ruggedness needed in today’s demanding industrial segment in a simple, cost-effective solution.
The user-friendly design of the Resilient 3000 (officially known as GE’s EP3000AC48IN) eases the implementation process for all users—regardless of experience level or design sophistication—enabling a broad range of users to deploy and operate the units in their unique applications. While the modules are designed with simplicity in mind, they also maintain the performance, efficiency and ability to offer robust communications that users require. The power supply’s rugged design, which includes a conformal-coated interior circuit board to protect against dust and high humidity, and an oversized fan that enables the unit to operate in extreme temperatures make it an ideal fit for demanding industrial applications. Additionally, the Resilient 3000’s robust design can withstand poor grid conditions and line surges, allowing for global deployment in a wide range of industrial applications.
The single-phase Resilient 3000 power supplies enable a constant 3,000-W output power with an output voltage of 48 volts, which offers plug-and-play connectivity and operating efficiencies of up 95%. The units are scalable and can be paralleled for load sharing, providing added flexibility for industrial customers looking for a solution to their unique power challenges.
Additional key features of the Resilient 3000 rectifiers include:
- Wide operating temperature range (-10 C to +70 C).
- Wide selectable output voltage range (48 to 58 volts DC).
- RS-485 communication.
- +5-volt auxiliary output.
- Compact size and light weight (approximately 7.5 pounds).
- High mean time between failures design.
- Simple connectivity—convenient two-piece connectors allow for rapid yet confident AC and DC connections and simple wire-and-go-connectivity assures rapid deployment and servicing.
- Over-voltage and high-temperature protection.
- Built-in surge protection.