Today, energy saving is the target for every individual, family, organization, factory, hospital, theatre and all other public places. Although, summation of practices at individual levels form the base of a nation’s overall success in its energy saving mission, almost every individual at some or other point misses the boat. PathStone is a company that helps people in reducing their energy bills. They suggest the following 11 tips, which when practised sincerely can obviously produce good results.
- Turn out lights not in use to save energy and money.
- Let Mother Nature light your home. Sunlight is often brighter than bulbs, and it's free.
- Dress appropriately no matter the season, so you can keep your thermostat at the lowest comfortable setting in the winter.
- Shut off the water while you brush your teeth, wash dishes by hand, or do other household chores. Turning off the water while you brush your teeth alone can save as much as four gallons a minute
- Run your washer or dishwasher only when they are full.
- Plan your family meals each week so that you make one trip to the grocery store per week. This will save gas money in the long run.
- Try cooking with the lids on your pots to save time and conserve energy used when cooking. This is especially effective when trying to boil water.
- Use a microwave or toaster oven to heat smaller portions, rather than a conventional oven.
- Close the refrigerator door completely to conserve energy. The refrigerator is one of the most used appliances in a household because it runs 24 hours a day.
- Do not leave doors and windows open when the heat or air conditioning are running.
- Lower the temperature on your water heater to 120 degrees.
(Source: PathStone )